Glynde near Lewes, East Sussex
A magnificent Elizabethan manor house set in the heart of the South Downs. Glynde Place was built in 1589 from local flint and stone from Normandy and extensively added to in the 18thC. There is a collection of Old Masters, family portraits, furniture, embroidery and silver all belonging to the family who has lived there for over 400 years.
Open from the beginning of May to the end of June on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Bank Holiday Mondays. Gardens and tearoom are open from 1pm to 5pm. The house is open from 2pm to 5pm. Visits to the House is by guided tours only starting at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
Tel: 01273 858224
Find on Map